Saturday, March 9, 2013

C4T #2


My teacher was Jabiz Raisdana who is currently an English teacher and an IT teacher.


Tell Me The Story of My Life

2013 JANUARY 1
Fancy yourself a storyteller, a writer, a creator, a tinkerer, an artist, a child at heart? You like to play and sculpt and shape and remix and mashup? You like photos and stories and music and art and never ending searches for meaning and beauty and things that give you pause and gratitude and feelings bordering authentic? You feel connected, disconnected, isolated, surrounded, loved, ignored or necessary?
Wanna make some art?
For the last year, I have been taking photographs. For each day of the 365 I have chosen one photo to be the photo of that day. The photos can be found here. Or I suppose if you want, you could flip through them here:
But I want you to do more than just view dear reader. I want you to absorb and internalize, synthesize and make your own–the emotions and ideas that consume you when you find a photo or photos that speak to you. Look for themes or colors or people and — Write a poem. Scribe a song. Create a short film. Write a short story.  A newspaper article. Blend the media and tell the story digitally.
Whatever you do, please link back to this post with a URL of where your creation lives online. Please also add the link to the Flickr photo itself. Perhaps you can also scribble some lines in the comments of the photo, where someone else can take the lines and move them forward or backward to wherever they needs to go.
You can also share this set with your students, your peers, your administrators, your grandmas and grandpas. But, if, however you do not feel artistically up to the challenge, then send me some ideas and I will do it for you. Fill out this form to give me some direction:


My comment to him was:
Brittany Haub
Twitter: 
PERMALINK
February 20, 2013
Hi! My name is Brittany Haub and I am in EDM310 class here at the University of South Alabama. My major is Elementary and Special Education. I am truly inspired by what you said. Your photographs are breathtaking. There is no way you can write a song, story, or a poem on just one of these photos. Each one tells a different tale. If I could I would write one on each photo. When I become a teacher, I will for surely be using this idea. It will really open their up creativity and their minds to use their imaginations. Thank you for sharing this idea with the rest of the world. My blog is haubbrittanyed310.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment