Sunday, March 3, 2013

Blog Post #7

I really enjoyed watching Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams. My favorite aspect probably was how Randy's enthusiasm was for life. He was so full of life and for pursuing your dreams. He most definitely loved life and was living it each and everyday unlike most people in America. After all, he did achieve most of his childhood dreams. What I took from this video is that we should all pursue the goals we set for ourselves. If we don't, one day we will regret not trying.

There is quite a few things from Randy Pausch's lecture that I will be using in my classroom. The majority of his lecture was talking about pursuing your childhood dreams and to never give up. One of his dreams was to become a Disney Imagineer, which he achieved after running into a few brick walls. He never gave up on his dream and helped creative the virtual world of Aladdin. 

I plan on teaching with positivity and an open mind for everything from the students and even the parents or guardians. I know deep down as an educator, you need to make sure the students goals are possible for them and to show them that they don't ever need to give up on something worth pursuing. I will give as much advice and help my students out as much as possible with their goals. Every child deserves a chance to succeed in their own way. We aren't doing any good for our students if we set a bar for them to achieve, we must be willing to aim beyond the limits because what we may see as limits, someone else sees as an opportunity.

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted"-Randy Pausch





3 comments:

  1. I love the quote by Randy Pausch at the end, "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." Randy Pausch's video was filled with inspirational advice that could be used both in the classroom and in real life. I agree with all of your ideas that you plan to use in your future classroom such as teaching with positivity and keeping an open mind. These are important concepts that I think all educators should grasp. I also agree that you should not set a bar for students to achieve. If we set a bar for our students to achieve, they will only work to achieve the standards you set for them. I think it is important that we encourage our students to always work hard. I enjoyed reading your blog post. It was very interesting and thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 100% agree with what Ashley said. I really enjoyed reading your blog. It gave me confidence to achieve my dreams. Keep up the great work. Good luck on achieving your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "There is quite a few things ..." are, not is

    You kept it short. More detail on the specifics of Dr. Pausch's views on teaching would have greatly improved your post.

    ReplyDelete