Sunday, March 24, 2013

Blog Post #9

Version 4 Post (2011-2012)

I learned from Mr. McClung's reflective blog post Version 4 post (2011-2012) is that you can't fret over others opinions on how they think you teach. You need to do everything to the best of your ability and to succeed as a teacher  you need to worry about your students and that is it. Your students are your main priority and you need to focus on how to be the best teacher possible for them. He is exactly right when he says "Worrying about perception of adults has never done anything positive for me, but making sure that my kids are taken care of and enjoying class has done wonders for me. As long as I stick to this rule and remember who I really work for then I should never divert down the wrong path." I couldn't have said it better myself. You don't work for your peers, you work for your students. 






What I Learned This Year (2010-2011)

In Mr. McClung's blog post What I Learned This Year (2010-2011) was very inspiring. He is most definitely trying to give advice to future teachers so they don't make the same mistakes he has made.  Like I said before, students are our primary focus and nothing needs to take our attention from that. YOU make your own rules. You don't always need to fit in, you just need to be yourself and worry about you and your students. Not about what others think about you. I agree with him saying that we can't take over the tasks the students are doing because they won't learn a thing. They'll struggle but in the end they will get it! Always, always try to change things up. You want to be comfortable but not to comfortable as to doing the same things over and over again. Like he says "The teaching profession needs individuals that are passionate and willing to exceed the demands of the traditional 8-3 teaching format...is this not an achievable goal?" And that is exactly what I intend to do.  They need teachers nowadays who will work before 8 and after 3 to help their students succeed in all of their abilities. 






2 comments:

  1. Good post! Just hard to read because of the color used to highlight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to read light grey ona white background.

    I hope you will make annual reflections like Mr. McClung.

    ReplyDelete