Monday, May 6, 2013

Blog #15

My Reflection

When I looked back to my first blog post we were asked to discuss how we will be teaching, I had no clue what I was going to be doing as a teacher or how I would be teaching my students. I know I wanted to be a hands-on teacher and to use the iPads and Smart-boards but I really didn't know what I was talking about. Now, I have a better understanding as to what I want to do and how to answer those questions. I can now really incorporate technology into my classroom because I understand more of the tools out there that I can use to help me become a better teacher and help my students to the best of their abilities. Any grade can use technology.
A big thing I will do in my classroom is blogging. I think it builds the students self-confidence and they can gain so much from it. They are working on their writing skills while communicating with people from all over the world. They develop social skills and they will be able to create a personal learning network where everything they like will be right in front of them and they can use for the rest of their lives.
My PLN has grown a lot throughout this semester. And I personally believe that it will be beneficial for my students later on and throughout their lives. I learned just how effective they can truly be because I had never heard of a PLN till this class.

Changes

It is hard to say what I would change from my very first blog post. I could have done some research and looked around to decide how I really wanted to teach. I will most definitely be using technology in my classroom as much as possible. I would try to do project-based learning as well instead of using Burp-Back education because I want my students to thrive and be independent little learners! I'm more ready to be in a classroom now because of this class and what it has showed me. I can use anything to help myself out and better my students and that is all I want!



No comments:

Post a Comment