Sunday, April 21, 2013

Blog Post #13

Mr. Paul Anderson's Blended Learning Cycle video was very interesting to watch and listen too. He talks about how you blend the classroom, mobile online combined with engaging, exploring, explaining, expanding and evaluating with the students. The learning cycle starts off with asking a good question.. Then you go investigate that question. You watch a video and then elaborate. Review it with the teacher and then take a summary quiz to make sure the student understands what you were teaching them. I like the idea of a blended learning classroom. I will definitely try it in my classroom because it seems like an effective tool to make sure the students understand and comprehend the subject you were teaching them. He did this for his AP biology class in high school, while I will be teaching elementary students, so I will most likely have to tweak it for that grade level. Hopefully, it will be effective in my classroom just like it has been in Mr. Anderson's classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Great Post! You totally should try it in your classroom, that seems to be the way all classrooms are leaning these days so I am sure it will be easy and your kids in the classroom will love it! Keep up the great posts.

    ReplyDelete