Thursday, February 7, 2013

Special Blog Post #1

When I compared populations of India, China, and the United States with Wolfram Alpha, it showed me that China has 1.35 billion people there, India has 1.21 billion people there, and the United States has 309 million people there. I also searched for how many people spoke English and it showed that in the United States 248.3 million people speak English, in India 226, 449 people speak English and in Hong Kong 228,000 people speak English.

Wolfram Alpha

I think Wolfram Alpha is a very useful tool because it seems like you can ask it any question and it will come up with the right answer. It would help the students out if they wanted to know anything about another country that they would probably never be able to visit. It's basically a database.

Social Media Count site

The Social Media Count site really put it in perspective for me that everything changes so quickly and no one really realizes that it is. Each year as I begin teaching, I am going to have to make sure that I am up-to-date on the technology in my classroom and my teaching methods. It really puts things into perspective that by the time I start teaching, what the teachers use today will be out of date. That is just crazy! I will just always have to be on my toes to make sure I am giving the best education to my students each year.


No comments:

Post a Comment