Saturday, January 19, 2013

Blog Post # 1

ABOUT ME

Hey y'all! My name is Brittany Haub. I am 20 years old about to turn 21 in February! I was born in Atlanta, Georgia and lived there for 13 years. We moved to Mount Vernon, Ohio and lived there for 3 years. Finally, we moved and have stayed in Spanish Fort, Alabama for the past 4 years. I graduated from Spanish Fort in 2010. I originally went to the University of Alabama for Athletic Training and spent the first two years of my college career there. During my Sophomore year, I changed my major to elementary education. I then heard about South's education program on how they double majored elementary and special education so that is when I decided to transfer schools. Plus I was home all the time, so it was a waste of gas driving 8 hours every other week almost!

I have a little brother who is 17 that is considering going into the Marines. My dad works for Continental Motors over here in Mobile. My mom is a secretary for a Psychiatrist. I recently got a puppy. Her name is Rosie, she is 14 weeks old and she is a Morkie (Maltese/Yorkie). She only weighs 2.5 pounds and is so spoiled! I love to play soccer. I played for 12 years. I've actually had more injuries than most people have had! Right now, I have had to wear a wrist brace for the past year and a half. I work for the YMCA. I do the after-school care, nursery and then I do the camp during the summertime. I absolutely love kids especially the 5 and 6 year old's. I can't wait to be a elementary and special ed. teacher! I love to read and cook. My boyfriend and I also like to play disc golf and be outdoorsy people when we have free time!


MY FUTURE CLASSROOM

At this moment I am not sure what methods I will be emphasizing in my classroom. I know I am going to learn as much as I can and try to apply different techniques when I am a teacher. I want my classroom to be lively, colorful and a lot of fun. From my background from the Y, we always play games with the kids and that really gets their attention. So I will most likely be a hands-on teacher. I want learning to be fun for them and not boring. I really want to use I Pad's and the smart boards in the classrooms. I think it's important to emphasize how useful technology can be for kids in K-5.  I want them to feel safe in the classroom where they can learn and explore their imaginations.

RANDY PAUSCH ON TIME MANAGEMENT

I thought he was great at explaining time management. He really captivated my attention considering I have time management issues as well. All Americans are terrible at time management. You always need to make sure you have a plan and a to-do list helps too. He also says "people are more worried about doing something right than doing the right thing." Which I think is so true. We need to be more focused on doing the rights things more adequately rather than doing the wrong things nicely done.







2 comments:

  1. You must know Jacey Blair Chandler! She played soccer until she was hurt.

    Welcome to EDM310!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of soccer, or sports in general, and definitely have a soft spot for animals. Your puppy must enjoy the fact that you and your boyfriend spend so much time being active and outdoors. My youngest sister just graduated from the University of Alabama with a degree in Elementary Ed, and she absolutely loves it!

    ReplyDelete